Thursday 26 March 2015

Focus Group: Part II

Well it wasn't a complete waste. I got to slate how the windows OneDrive and Lync offers me nothing that Google Drive and Google+ and Hangouts doesn't offer. It will in fact only make things more complicated as I then have more than one place where files are stored.

Most of the others seemed to like the idea of OneDrive, I guess it's okay if you haven't been using Google Drive but I think they said that it is only free when you are studying at the uni so as soon as you leave or graduate you will have to download all your files and take them with you. Not necessary with Google Drive.

Noone was a fan of Lync though particularly. They actually suggested that Lecturers might get it and so we would be able to video call them....

Man I wanted to laugh. In all seriousness who would feel comfortable video calling their lecturer? I would much rather sign up to their office hours. Also what lecturer would want to video call a student? We're so busy all the time this is why they have office hours. It's just another way work life will be pushed into private. No thank you.

On the plus side I get £10 top up on my printing allowance for doing it. Hooray.

1 comment: